Gravel driveways are a popular choice for homeowners due to their low cost, low maintenance, and natural look. When it comes to selecting the best type of gravel for your driveway, there are several options to consider. Here are five types of gravel that work well for driveways with https://www.sbevolutionlandscape.com:
Best Types of Gravel for Your Driveway
- Crushed Stone: Crushed stone is a popular choice for driveways due to its durability and wide range of colors and sizes. It is made from crushed limestone, granite, or other rock types and is available in different sizes ranging from fine dust to large stones.
- Pea Gravel: Pea gravel is made from small, rounded stones that are smooth to the touch. It is available in a range of colors, including beige, gray, and white. Pea gravel is a good choice for driveways that are on a slope or curve as it helps with drainage.
- River Rock: River rock is a popular choice for driveways due to its natural look and durability. It is available in a range of sizes and colors and is made from stones that have been naturally rounded by water.
- Crushed Granite: Crushed granite is a durable and attractive option for driveways. It is available in a range of sizes and colors, including black, gray, and pink.
- Quarry Process: Quarry process is a mix of crushed stone and stone dust that is often used for driveways. It is available in a range of colors and sizes and is durable and easy to maintain.
When selecting gravel for your driveway, consider the climate and weather conditions in your area. If you live in an area with heavy rainfall or snow, choose a gravel type that will provide good drainage to prevent erosion and flooding. It’s also important to consider the size of the gravel, as larger stones are less likely to shift or move over time.